Security terms for online transactions using a bank card on the Internet
- Never tell anybody the payment details of your card (PIN, passwords to bank accounts, bank card expiry date, credit limits, transaction details, personal data). Be especially careful if the fraudsters call you, introduce themselves as bank officials and ask to name your PIN-code or CVV2/CVC2 code. The bank may ask you the last four digits or the complete card number but it isn’t authorized to ask you for your PIN-code or CVV2/CVC2 code. Besides, you shouldn’t send your bank details by email. Please remember when doing an internet payment nobody can ask you for your PIN-code.
- Beware of fishing sites when paying for goods and services. A fishing site may differ from an ordinary one. It may have a complex address, no reviews, very cheap goods and services. It should alert the Customer and make him refuse from purchasing at such a site.
- Set up and regularly update the anti-viral program. Also it is advisable to regularly update the software so that viruses fail to reside in the computer. When the system is updated the product engineer refines the system failures and eliminates the bottlenecks for viruses.
- We recommend purchasing something only from your own computer to keep your personal data and bank card details private. Avoid using different computers should you doubt their safety. This applies especially to Internet-cafes and public access computers. Should you purchase something using a different computer please avoid saving your personal data and other information there. After you complete the transaction you should make sure that personal data and other information was not saved (download the web-page of the seller again in the browser).
- When inserting card details please notice the URL bar of the browser. Private financial data should be transferred via a secure connection. In this case you will see the URL bar lit up with yellow, a lock icon appears and the address must start with https://. If you click on the lock icon the browser will show data about the nod.
- When applicable please memorize the internet-shop addresses which you use most often and your internet bank address. Fraudsters may change only 1-2 symbols and you will get to a completely different site.
- Open a card for internet payments. Transfer there the exact sum you need at the moment. Thus, paying for a purchase you don’t risk losing more money.
- Should the payment require going through links, avoid clicking on them, copy them and paste to the URL bar of the browser. It happens that one link may be shown while another one may open after clicking and it may lead to a fraud site.
- Connect to service of SMS-informing from the bank to be aware of your account balance.
- Should you for some reason need to send a picture of your bank card via the internet (e-mail, skype, etc.) please remember that there are programs which search for and recognize such pictures. Thus, your data may be caught by fraudsters.